Thursday, July 27, 2006

Supernova has their fill of Phil

Well, my prediction that squeaky-clean Josh would be expelled from the Thunderdome failed to come true last night. He didn't even end up in the bottom 3. The bottom 3 were Zayra, Patrice, and Phil. Patrice performed first, doing Radiohead's "Iron Lung." She did a nice job with it and reminded us that she really does have a strong voice, even if she is kinda boring. Zayra was up next and dusted off "Not an Addict" by K's Choice. I used to be a big fan of K's Choice, so I was glad to see them get some national TV spotlight. Zayra's version was just a rehash of the original. She missed a chance to make it really desperate and hard core. I don't see much authenticity in her. Phil sang a relatively unknown tune - "Smoking Umbrellas" by Failure, and he did a great job with it. I thought his performance was the best of the three, but Supernova sent him packing. I think this is due to Jason's strong dislike for the guy's bobblehead stage moves, plus Phil didn't sound convincing when the guys asked him if he REALLY wanted to be in the band. I think Zayra will be kept around a couple of more weeks since she is to this show what Bai Ling was to But Can They Sing. Phil fans, don't forget to leave your condolences on Phil's myspace page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»