- Baylie Brown - She's cute, blond, young, sweet. As Simon said she had commercial written all over her. She even showed appealing stupidity by asking if that was a good thing. She clearly graduated from Pickler 101. You gotta love her hometown too - Krum, Texas!
- Akron Watson - It took two songs to get him through, but I thought he had a very smooth voice and a lot of likability. Unfortunately, he was kicked off the show, allegedly due to a past marijuana conviction.
- Tami Gosnell - A pedi-cab driver without much style, but a warm smile and good voice. I was surprised by how keen Simon was on her, given that she's a bit butch. But I'm interested to see what she'll do in Hollywood.
- Paul Kim - He wants to prove that Asians can be pop stars, and he's cute with a good voice.
- Ebony Jointer - She could have done without the car hop gimmick. This girl is tall, beautiful, confident, and possesses a terrific voice. I expect her to rocket into the Top 24, unless her car hop "friend" Ashley Cleland accidently skates over her throat.
- Lakisha Jones - Her physique and gospel voice draw obvious comparisons to Mandisa. She seems sweet and as a baby mama will likely win viewer sympathy.
Best of the Worst
- Bryan Kyrish - scary attempt at rocking out, but at least he broke out one of my all time favorites by Ozzy and Lita: "Close My Eyes Forever".
- Jasmine Holland - She sausaged herself into tight clothes and revealed no talent but quite a camel toe.
- William Green - the cousin of Akron Watson couldn't sing at all, but had great personality and humor, demonstrated by his faked verbal attack on the judges.
- Jacob Tutor - He must have thought he was going to auditions for "Deliverance II: Banjo Boy All Growed Up".
The "wrong door" montage. It really wasn't necessary to lock one of the audition room doors. The producers clearly set this up to just add a final degree of humiliation for the losers, as they try to slink away but can't get out. Icky.