Saturday, January 05, 2008

The Next Great American Band: Finale

Well, I lost my notes on this episode, so this will be brief.

The Clark Brothers won the title: "Next Great American Band." While I can't get too fired up over this evangelical boy band, I do think they were the most talented of the remaining bands. It'll be interesting to see if they go more pop country or stick with gospel flava on their first CD.

Thank God America did not pick Denver and the Mile High Orchestra! They looked pretty crestfallen, but I'm sure this TV exposure will keep them swimming in corporate and wedding gigs. I liked Six Wire okay and I can see them having some country music success.

The finale featured performances from judges Sheila E and the Goo Goo Dolls, trotting out old songs. Sheila and her all-chick band performed "The Glamorous Life", and Sheila and one of her band members wore odd outfits decorated with peace signs.

Northmont, a band that generated the show's only drama during the audition episode, got to come back and sing a song. They have a hot lead singer, who was told he was better than his band, and they had vowed to break up if they didn't make it on the show. I guess now they're on a reunion tour.

They also brought back all the finalists for a medley of Christmas songs that was kinda fun. I liked seeing Cliff Wagner, Dot Dot Dot, and Light of Doom again.

I probably would have stopped watching this series if I hadn't been blogging about it. Next Great American Band, you are no American Idol.

No comments: