Wednesday, March 07, 2007

American Idol - It's No Secret the Boys Suck

Terry's thoughts on the Idol Boys, who revealed their secrets but not much talent this week...

Terry: Ugh!! Will the assualt and insult to my ears ever stop!? How could these chowder-heads have gone from my so excited and so full of anticipaton to such feelings of dread. Such horrible song choices with such horrible performances to boot! UGH!!

Blake Lewis - "All Mixed Up"

Terry: The singing was "okay" but I did dig the blend of R&B and Reggae, his style, the little scat and the minimal but nicely done beat boxing. This was intriguing but certainly not great.

Nerdia - his characterization of hillbillies before the singing ruined him for me.

Sanjaya Malakar - "Waiting on the World to Change"

Terry: Attention teeny-bopper girls of America!....PLEASE stop voting on cuteness and nice hair!!...I don't know how much more cheese I can take from the living dead that is Sanjaya. He has NO stage presence! He sings with a constant smile but projects no emotion. Good Lord, it's the Carrie Underwood plastic robot syndrome....times 10!!

Nerdia - awww....but he's so cute and he has such a great smile!

Sundance Head - "Jeremy"

Terry: Pearl Jam? Really? He thinks he can sing better than or as well as Eddie Vedder? Uh...nope. This was bad. Song choice people! Song choice!! Stretch, yes! But know your liimits and your strengths and work with them. I have no idea what Randy and Paula were smokin' but pass
the dutchie, please (I need the headache relief at this point).

Nerdia - are you done with that dutchie yet? This guy so wants to go home. If he doesn't get to go home this week, he's gonna bawl for 15 minutes again.

Chris Richardson - "Tonight I Want to Cry"

Terry: Took a pop country song and put an R&B spin on it. I liked it okay. I didn't like it as much as some of the judges (Randy so desperately craves Simon's spotlight), but it was one of the best on a dreary night.

Nerdia - I just don't get this one...he's too squeeky-clean for me.

Jared Cotter - "If You Really Love Me"

Terry: Uh, sir, Carlton called and wants his sweater back. Lame. Good energy yet a lame performance. Not sure how he managed to do that but he did.

Nerdia - Nerd!!!

Brandon Rogers - "I Just Want to Celebrate"

Terry: Also lame. Also another bad song choice. Showed little range and made an upbeat song boring.

Nerdia - Brandon did get a breath of life in his performance this week but that's all it was...a breath...he barely smiled or looked like he was having any fun at all.

Phil Stacey - "I Need You"

Terry: Please, please, PLEASE stop the low range horrors!! Oh that beginning was just brutal! However, once he got past that it did get much better. But, not enough to make me forget the agony of that beginning. Ugh!

Nerdia - He really butchered this nice innocent song.

Chris Sligh - "Wanna Be Loved"

Terry: Best of the night. Still nowhere near the better girls (Lakisha, Melinda, Sabrina) but better than all the other boys and better than the girls in the bottom rung.
Nerdia - He always does a competent job. But I'm just not emotionally involved.


This is one tough call to pick who's going home because so many deserve the boot after this!

Going Home:
Jared
Phil

No comments: