Tuesday, February 06, 2007

More Today Show Angst

As I slap on my face goo on every morning to cover up my various imperfections so I can pretend I look like Tyra Banks, I am continuing to inflict The Today Show on myself. Today’s aggravation involved Matt Lauer, my favorite of the Today Show hosts due to his sense of humor and seemingly smaller degree of bias towards subjects and interviewees. He was doing a spot on how to make your marriages work (possibly a segment close to his heart). He had two marriage experts arguing over whether or not you could keep the that special love magic alive after many years of marriage. The guy said no – get used to it; but the gal said sure you can, but you need to know how to do it. They both agreed marriage took work, much like gardening (their metaphor, not mine). The end result of the segment was that in this day and age of 50% failed marriages, you can keep yours together but you need to know how to do it. NOTHING WAS EVER SAID ABOUT HOW TO DO IT! What a pointless waste of time. Oh boy. Talk about starting off your day on the wrong foot. Then Randy Jackson came on defending the depravity of American Idol in the same uninteresting way he judges on the show. He claimed that comments Hudson made recently in Essence Magazine were misquoted. These comments:

"On 'American Idol,' you go through this mental thing; you've got to get yourself back together. You've been abused, misled and brainwashed to believe whatever they want you to think."

That’s a freakin' long misquote, Randy.

No comments: